Dropp Quick Start Guide
1. Downloading Dropp
Dropp is available on both mobile devices and desktop browsers
- Android users: Search for “dropp.cc” in the Google Play Store and download the app
- iPhone users: Search for “dropp.cc” in the App store and download the app
- For desktop browser users: Search for “dropp.cc” in your browser’s Web Store and download the extension
2. Creating Your Account
- Once you open the app, you will be prompted to agree to both our Terms and Conditions and User Agreement before you can create an account. Please read both of these thoroughly before continuing.
- Once you agree to the Terms and Conditions, you are required to enter your first and last name, phone number, email address, and whether or not you want to operate your account in USD. This choice is exclusive and cannot be changed at a later date.
- After verifying your phone number and email address, you will need to generate a recovery passphrase to help recover your account in the event that you need to reinstall the app, along with a hint to help you remember. Dropp internally saves your recovery hint, but not the passphrase, so be sure to keep it in a safe and secure location.
- After confirming this information, the Dropp app will generate a recovery QR code that can be used with your recovery passphrase to recover your account or set it up on another device. It is important that you treat this QR code as a secret and store it in a safe and secure location.
3. Funding Your Wallet
Now that your wallet is set up, it’s time to load it with some funds:
- From the home screen, click “Fund Your Account”, then “Fund Now”
- You can fund your USD wallet with ACH or a credit/debit card. Funding with a credit card requires you to enter your card details, while funding with ACH will require you to securely link your bank account through Dropp’s Plaid integration
4. Making Your First Purchase
With a funded wallet, you are now ready to begin making purchases from Dropp-enabled merchants! As shown in the sample news site to the right, digital goods and services that can be purchased with Dropp will be marked with a droplet icon; clicking this icon will take you to a purchase confirmation page to complete the transaction. You can access your digital purchases from your Dropp App under the “Purchases and Credits” section.
For physical purchases, the merchant will provide a QR code that you can scan with your mobile device that will take you to the purchase confirmation page.