Dropp Quick Start Guide
In this guide, we will walk you through setting up your Dropp wallet and how to start making small-value purchases quickly and easily. This guide will cover the process for new users creating their Dropp accounts and setting up Dropp on mobile devices. Dropp supports payments in FIAT, HBAR, and USDC.
1. Download Dropp
Dropp is available for iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Android and iPhone users: scan the QR code or click here to download the Dropp app.
2. Create Your Dropp Account
- When you open the Dropp app, you will be prompted to agree to both our Terms and Conditions and User Agreement. After you accept, you can create your Dropp account. Please read both documents thoroughly before continuing.
- Once you agree to the Terms and Conditions, you are required to enter your first and last name, phone number, email address, and what you want to set as your active currency. You can change your active currency form at any point while using Dropp.
- To create your Dropp account, enter your first and last name, phone number, and email address. You can select what currency you want to set as active for initial account set-up. You can change your active currency form at any point while using Dropp after you’ve created your account. Click “Next”. You will be prompted to verify your phone number and email address for Step 2.
- After verifying your phone number and email address, you will need to generate a Recovery Passphrase. Your passphrase helps recover your Dropp account in the event that you need to reinstall the app. You will also enter a passphrase hint to help you remember your passphrase. Dropp internally saves your recovery hint but not the passphrase. Be sure to keep your Recovery Passphrase in a safe and secure location.
- After confirming your recovery passphrase, the Dropp app will generate a recovery QR code that can be used with your recovery passphrase to recover your account or set it up on another device. It is important that you treat this QR code as a secret and store it in a safe and secure location.
- After setting your Recovery Passphrase, Dropp will create a unique QR code for recovery. This QR code is specific to your account and can be used with your Recovery Passphrase to recover your Dropp account or set it up on another device. It is important that you treat this QR code as a secret and store it in a safe and secure location.
3. Fund Your Wallet
Once you’ve completed set up, you can load your Dropp account with funds:
- From the home screen, click the menu icon.
- Select “Fund Account”.
- For FIAT, click “Fund Now” to add funds. For digital currencies, click “Deposit”.
- You can fund your Dropp wallet with USD via credit/debit card or ACH. Funding with a credit card requires you to enter your card details. Funding with ACH will require you to securely link your bank account through Dropp’s Plaid integration.
4. Making Your First Purchase
With a funded wallet, you are now ready to begin making purchases from Dropp-enabled merchants! As shown in the sample news site, digital goods and services that can be purchased with Dropp will be marked with a droplet icon; clicking this icon will take you to a purchase confirmation page to complete the transaction. You can access your digital purchases from your Dropp App under the “Purchases and Credits” section.
For physical purchases, the merchant will provide a QR code that you can scan with your mobile device that will take you to the purchase confirmation page.
4. Make Your First Purchase
With a funded wallet, you can begin making purchases from Dropp-enabled merchants! As shown in this example, Dropp-enabled digital goods and services that can be purchased will be marked with a droplet icon. Clicking this icon will take you to a purchase confirmation page to complete the transaction. Access your digital purchases under “Transactions” in the Dropp app menu.
For physical purchases, merchants will provide a QR code that you can scan with Dropp on your mobile device. The QR code will take you to a purchase confirmation page to complete payment.
5. Add Dropp to Your Web Browser
For desktop browser users, you can add the Dropp extension from your browser’s web store. Click here to add Dropp’s plug-in.
142 Lafayette Street, Newark NJ 07105
Phone: +1 973-933-3232